Rompr is a music player that lets you discover more about the music you love and discover new music you don't even know yet. It is a client for the mpd music server.
It plays your local music, internet radio, podcasts and anything supported by Mopidy - eg Spotify, SoundCloud, Youtube...
On top of all that, you can use Rompr in a browser on one computer to play music out of another. So if you have a media centre connected to your Hi-Fi, Rompr can control it. It supports most modern mobile devices too.
Its looks are inspired by Amarok 2.
Please use the Wiki link above to get installation instructions and a basic usage guide.
- Plays local music, radio stations, podcasts.
- Has a sophisticated collectionizer - sorts your music by artist and album so you don't have to keep everything organised into directories
- If you prefer to keep your music organized yourself, you can browse your directories directly
- Cover art support
- Get artist biographies from Last.FM, Wikipedia, Musicbrainz, and Discogs, and Spotify
- Tagging and Rating of tracks
- Runs in a browser on desktop and mobile devices
- Lyric support for local files
- Advanced Spotify Support when used with Mopidy
- 'Smart' radio functions to play random tracks by various rules
- Alarm Clock
- UI Themes
Wonderfull features ;) I have added [REC] feature to record my WebRadio... PERFECT JUKEBOX & MP3 RADIO RECORDER!
Rompr is a wonderful web based interface client to mpd. I tried ampache and ompd before I installed and settled with rompr. The interface is very rich, clean, and intuitive. I love that I can sort by Album or Artist and being able to sort by Albums (by Artist) is a wonderful feature. I can also re-arrange tracks in my playlists with drag and drop. I'm still very new to rompr but so far it's been effortless to use. Now it doesn't matter where I am in the house or what device I have nearby to select and play my music. Also, device specific settings are stored in the browser so my phone and desktop remember the type of interface to use for each of them. This might be more to do with mpd, but I find mpd + rompr is incredibly responsive. Actions taken (play, pause, queue, etc.) execute instantly from all my devices. I don't know yet about how well the project is supported but it does get regular updates which points to a caring and attentive developer. Thank you and keep up the good work ;-D
Best interface to mpd / mopidy ever. A real must!
Great Project! I use it everyday already. I hope for VK-support soon. Thanks!
Best browser based frontend to mpd I've ever seen!! Thank you!