Can't seem to open two files at once

Help
2007-06-10
2013-02-12
  • Jonathan Andrew Wolter

Often I want to have several ebooks open for reference purposes.

xCHM does not seem to support a multi windowed mode. Each time the application opens, it closes the previous chm file.

Am I (hopefully) just doing something stupid, or is this the way it is designed?

Thanks!

p.s. xCHM is the best of all the os x chm apps. The search is great and overall I really like it!

Jonathan

• Razvan Cojocaru

Razvan Cojocaru - 2007-06-17

Sorry, that's "by design". xCHM is a SDI application (just like hh.exe, which is what I strived to achieve - a cross-platform .chm viewer that looks and feels as close to hh.exe as possible within the development process constraints).

Technically, it is possible to make xCHM a MDI application, but I lack the time to work on it. But feel free to improve on it! If you have the time to make the changes and submit a patch I'll make some time to review it and incorporate it into the main dev branch if it's good!

Thank you for the kind words.

• Jonathan Andrew Wolter

Thanks for the reply. What you shared was highly helpful. Understanding that thought went into this and I didn't uncover a bug is cool. I absolutely love open source.

Cheers and good day,

Jonathan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks