Menu

sd2-trackeditor 1.1.0 alpha

2023-02-25
2024-07-22
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 .. 15 > >> (Page 3 of 15)
  • Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-03-29

It seems to be related to FreeSOLID2. You don't get a crash when running with simuv3 physics which doesn't use SOLID.

There is a newer version of solid https://github.com/dtecta/solid3. Maybe we should look into using it.

👍
    • leillo1975

leillo1975 - 2023-03-29

@beaglejoe , @torcs-ng, can you take a look to this? I can't find it on Ubuntu repos

• beaglejoe

beaglejoe - 2023-03-29

Possibly related??
      [#909]

Related

Tickets: #909

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-03-30

There is source code for FreeSOLID is in the speed dreams source code. I guess that gets used for unix and mac. It slightly different than what's on sourceforge and different from solid3 on github. There are also patches floating around all over the place. Windows and unix have the same problem. I don't know which one is best to use.

• beaglejoe

beaglejoe - 2023-03-30

For Windows solid2.dll is installed by installer.
          It's built from https://sourceforge.net/projects/freesolid/files/FreeSOLID-2.1.2.zip/download
          On Mac, it is bundled with the .app file. It is installed on the build machine via Macports
          sudo port -t install freeSOLID
          On other nixes, I don't know if we use the code that's in the simuv2.1/Solid-2.0 directory
          or if it is installed as a dependency. I have not explicitly installed it on my Linux (es) or on BSD.
          Some time ago there was a discussion on removing 'bundled' code. I don't remember which distro(s) had a problem with it.

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-03-30

The pit wall related crashes have been fixed by [r8855].

The problem was caused by 2 overlapping walls. This happened because the wall on the last segment overlapped the wall on the first segment. This caused the collision detection code to find a collision between the 2 walls when checking for a collision between a car and a wall. Our code didn't expect this and crashed because it thought the wall was a car.

Related

Commit: [r8855]

• leillo1975

leillo1975 - 2023-03-31

WTF! This is the guilty one!:

On the track I am working on, I had to remove the wall to avoid the error and it looked very bad. Thanks a lot!

• leillo1975

leillo1975 - 2023-03-31

Upsss!!!! Seems that this commit are buggy. If you create a quick race with several cars, at start or several seconds later, you have this error:

00:00:28.211 Default  Error   distFromStartLine = 0 trackPositionCount = 7005
        CullVisitor::apply(Geode&) detected NaN,
            depth=-nan, center=(-2.05832 0.563265 0.00059101),
            matrix={
            nan -nan nan -nan 
            nan -nan nan -nan 
            -nan -nan -nan -nan 
            nan -nan nan -nan 
        }

CullVisitor::apply(Geode&) detected NaN,
            depth=-nan, center=(-2.04123 0.572757 -0.562744),
            matrix={
            nan -nan nan -nan 
            nan -nan nan -nan 
            -nan -nan -nan -nan 
            nan -nan nan -nan 
        }

I reverted to 8854 and the problem is gone. I tried it on different circuits, not only on my WIP track.

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-03-31

I have seen this problem for years. I happens with some camera views. I have never been able to figure out why.

I am seeing problems with simuv4 and cars with new tire parameters not moving or moving uncontrollably. Cars without the new tire parameters will move normally. I guess the new tire compound is not ready yet.

• orjis

orjis - 2023-04-26

Hi! I'm using the 1.1.0-alpha 5 on windows, and every attempt at generating pits to my tracks causes them to crash when loading it in speed-dreams. I do not know what is the problem.

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-26

Can you send me the xml file for the track?

• Peter Collings

Peter Collings - 2023-04-26

It'll be the pit wall bug I think. If you change the border type to "curb" it avoids it. Or if you make sure there is no overlap between the start and end of the pit straight

• orjis

orjis - 2023-04-28

made new track as pit gen issues nuke my track forever. also noticed that if i add curbs to my track that are higher than 0, the AIs won't drive over them anymore. it's very noticable with shadows as they use the wholee track given to them. The start finnish line alining is so annoying, if there's a gap you can see it and if there's overlap then there's other issues. it would be nice to have a sort of snapping feature to help with that.

Last edit: orjis 2023-04-28
        • orjis

orjis - 2023-04-28

so as i'm trying out more stuff, it appears that sd doesn't like over lapping track. exported track as "All" and got this error. But if i export it as a track with racing line it works!

• orjis

orjis - 2023-04-29

Hello @iobyte
            So I have some notes regarding sd2-trackeditor 1.1.0 alpha5. In Properties -> Track only the Track width seems to work (I haven't tried profil as i don't know what it does), please investigate. I cannot seem to get turn marks (are turn marks the board on the side of the track that mark distance?) or racing line to work or i'm just doing something wrong.

I haven't tried Objects, Cameras, Surfaces, or Lights yet as it's uncharted territory for me. The grid stuff works great! Only thing to say about that is that I can't make a rallycross type grid like this. (attachment) but what I got out of it is enough for me.

Tooltips or some kind of general usage guide for some of the stuff would be appreciated but that's something we as a community can work for.

In the end I'm having a blast making tracks and I'm very happy that I now have a version of trackeditor that actually lets me load my tracks and and has bankings and others integrated to trackeditor so I don't have to manually edit the xml file for bankings.

Thank you for your work!

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-29

I would recommend using the latest version in svn. A lot has changed and been fixed since the alpha versions. I can provide a jar file if you can't generate one from svn.

Last edit: Robert Reif 2023-04-29
              • orjis

orjis - 2023-04-30

I got the jar file and it seems to have same issues. "In Properties -> Track only the Track width seems to work (I haven't tried profil as i don't know what it does), please investigate."

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-30

This only sets the defaults when none are specified. Track width is the only thing that you can actually change that will be guaranteed to have an effect. The others might have an effect if you didn't override them in the segment editor. They are not meant to change something that has already been specified.

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-29

For rallycross start does setting rows to 1 and distance between columns 0 and offset within a column to 0 work?

• orjis

orjis - 2023-04-30

that causes SD to crash as it's placing the cars inside eachother. (i think)

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-29

The latest version of trackeditor has a check for this. Click the green checkmark icon on right of the top icon bar to show problems with the track.

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-29

This is a known bug. https://sourceforge.net/p/speed-dreams/tickets/1210/ sd2-trackgen doesn't generate valid terrain for tracks that overlap. TT3-trk.ac will be OK but TT3-msh.ac will not and they get combined into TT3.ac. I'll look into it but I don't think there will be a quick fix.

Last edit: Robert Reif 2023-04-29
            • Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-30

It turns out determining if the track overlaps is not that hard. Conceptually it wouldn't be that hard to implement this. I would guess it would take a week full time to implement if no surprises are found. I have a lot of other stuff I'm working on and some long trips coming up so I can't get to this any time soon.

• orjis

orjis - 2023-04-30

time isn't an issue, you can get back to that whenever you have time. I just wanted to see if it's possible to make tracks that overlap. Maybe one day :)

• Robert Reif

Robert Reif - 2023-04-29

You could try adding a relief file and relief lines in the loops to force geometry to be created in them. I doubt it will help but it might.

The trackeditor doesn't support adding relief lines yet. It can display them and you can do some minor editing of them but you cant create them yet.

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 .. 15 > >> (Page 3 of 15)