At this point this project is mainly wpkg which is a replica of dpkg and apt-get that works under Microsoft Windows and Unices. Since version 0.7.0 it works very nicely as it includes most of the important functionality of dpkg (i.e. most everything except dselect functions.) Otherwise, the Unix GNU Windows is expected to be a large set of packages that wpkg can handle. Packages of all the software available under MinGW and GnuWin32 so you can painlessly build a complete Unix like environment under Microsoft Windows.
- Most of the functionality was written in a library so packages can be handled by any applications
- Self contained executable: all you need to get started is wpkg.exe
- Packages are compatible with dpkg (in the sense that you can check packages created by wpkg with dpkg)
- Written in C++, parts are accessible as is in C code (i.e. version API)
- 0.8.x is a validated branch (FDA compatible)
- Support dependencies, conflicts, breaks, and can resolve very complexity dependency trees
- Automatic dependency resolution (like apt-get, yum, pkg, ...)
- Support all Debian architectures + mswindows (0.9.0+)
- Automatic updates and upgrade from repositories
- Read files from local drive, NetBIOS drives (samba), remote HTTP
- Compiles under MS-Windows and most Unices (Ubuntu, Fedora, Solaris, FreeBSD)
- Detailed online documentation
- Include an advanced test suite that validates each version (since 0.8.0)
Be the first to post a review of Unix GNU Windows!