Synchrorep is a one click directory synchronization software. All modification will be reported to one to the other and vice versa. Usefull for nomads or speedup differencials backup.
- One click synchronization using contextual menu
- If we don't want overload the contextual menu, desactivate it and create an icon on desktop to drag folders onto
- Synchronizations events are stocked in a database which allow detection of deletions litigious cases
- In case of deletion or litigious cases, the user is asked for what to do
- No files are deleted or overwriten, but put to trash to avoid data loose
- The behaviour of synchronizations is customizable (ex : take systematicaly the most recent in case of litigious case without asking).
- Synchronization from or to a ftp, a samba or ssh network share which monted on desktop
- Detect time differences between local system and remote system
- Management of synchronizations groups, allow to launch several synchronizations in one click
- You can now make differential copy (monodirectionnal synchronization)
Lots of good reasons to like this sync tool. Functionality seems more robust than most across my network. Unique interface makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately documentation is lacking. That and an imperfect English translation leaves me not understanding some functionality. It is the only linux sync tool I have found to work with Pogoplug NAS. This alone should guaranty a lot of users. Can't wait for documentation to catch up with the functionality. I suspect that if I really understood the options, it would do everything I want. don54321