The free and Open Source productivity suiteRead More
Free alternative for Office productivity tools: Apache OpenOffice - formerly known as OpenOffice.org - is an open-source office productivity software suite containing word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics, formula editor, and database management applications. OpenOffice is available in many languages, works on all common computers, stores data in ODF - the international open standard format - and is able to read and write files in other formats, included the format used by the most common office suite packages. OpenOffice is also able to export files in PDF format. OpenOffice has supported extensions, in a similar manner to Mozilla Firefox, making easy to add new functionality to an existing OpenOffice installation.
- Cross platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- 170+ Languages
- Extensions and Templates available
- Commercial support available
- New Sidebar
- Interoperability Improvements for Text Documents, Spreadhseet Documents, Presentation Documents and OOXML file format in general
- DrawObject Improvements/Enhancements
- New Color Palette
- New Gradients
- New Gallery Themes and Gallery enhancements
- Refined the Selection Handles User Interface
- Refined Selection Visualization
- Better Print Preview
- Enhanced conversion to Bitmap Graphics
- Enhanced Copy/Paste
- Enhanced Drag&Drop
- Adapt LineStart/End to LineWidth
- SVG Export enhancements
- SVG/Metafile Break improvement
- SVG Import improvements
- Picture Crop mode offers preview
- Unified visualization of ColorPalette popup
- Transparency support for pixel formats (PNG)
- Connectors support rotation
- Corrected Hatch fill style visualization
- Better gradient support in metafiles
- Calc and Chart Improvements/Enhancements
- Support relative Pie Chart Height
- New Functions: AVERAGEIFS, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, XOR, LEFTB, RIGHTB, LENB, MIDB and RAND (reimplemented to use the Mersenne-Twister algorithm)
- Extensions Improvements/Enhancement
- New Toolbar management
- Unified menu API
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements
- Many resource leaks were fixed
- Speedup of Graphic Rendering
- Additional Language Support
- Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility
- Module binfilter removed (legacy StarOffice file formats (.sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)
- Python support updated
- Support for system C++ STL
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
VBA macro support
I love Apache Open Office!! In the earliest days of development in the 2000's ( I think under Sun Micro?) it was a little unstable but over the years these later versions are fantastic. I can do everything I need to. I have sincere appreciation for everyone that has to contributed to the development of this application. Thank you for making it such a great program and especially in keeping it accessible to all.
Best office ever.. I thought it would have been missing some features since I was accustomed to MS Word ..the truth is, I am enjoying Apache and not missing MSword.
"...people who have anything to fear from free software are those whose products are worth even less" (David Emery). Open Office remembered me once and once more this sentence: the fact to be a free suite is just another exponent more of its excelence, and think its presence and constant improvement in the market has kept the non-free products with a much better price/performance ratio. For all of that reasons, thank you, Sourceforge, thank you Open Office; in the name of the free and not free software consumers.
Amazing software! Easy to use, features are great, much better than Microsoft Office, and all that. I highly recommend that everyone download this great program, you won't regret it. It's just great!