MieConScat is a GUI/Console program for generating MIE SCATtering data as a table of cross sections. It can generate scattering cross sections over specified angular ranges and total absorption cross sections.
It was initially developed to aid work with optical particle counters (OPC) especially when CONverting data between cross section and diameter space. These methods are described in Rosenberg et al. 2012, Particle sizing calibration with refractive index correction for light scattering optical particle counters and impacts upon PCASP and CDP data collected during the Fennec campaign and CDP data collected during the Fennec campaign, http://www.atmos-meas-tech.net/5/1147/2012/amt-5-1147-2012.html
- Generates tables of scattering cross section data from Wiscombe's Mie Scattering Code
- Can integrate over user defined angular ranges or sum over two angular ranges
- Particularly intended for use when converting optical particle counter (OPC) scattering data into diameters
- Generates tables with multiple refractive indices
- GUI mode or console mode allows calling from your own code
- User interface based on wxWidgets for cross platform consistency
- Windows binary included in download with source and compilation instructions for Linux (should also compile on Mac)
Wonderful tool for those interested in astronomy!