Menu

Get same code =5 error loading from either zap2it or tvguide

jim barger
2019-11-27
2020-06-08
<< < 1 .. 14 15 16 (Page 16 of 16)
  • jim barger

jim barger - 2020-04-22

Steve: I'm using "use programme title without merge" for Series and requests. This that ok?

• s armstrong

s armstrong - 2020-04-22

Yes, only each ti e you run it

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-22

jim - It's not the most accurate for series recording but stick with it unless you rebuild either of your systems again. Then change to broadcaster references.

As you are on fp23 the setting you have at the moment means that your programs will be updated if new info appears in the Zap2it file you import. So an updated non-generic description for a program in the Zap2it file will update the generic description in the guide.

With fp23 that would not be the case if you were using broadcaster references because the reference ID on the updated programme is not the same as the reference ID on the original programme.

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-04-23

Sorry do not understand your last two paragraphs. First one (of last 2) sounds like what I should want, not the second. But I believe from opening that is not what you meant.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-23

Simply put, the version you are using (fp23) will update the generic description of a programme if you have Series and repeats set to Use programme title without merge, which you have.

FP23 won't update generic descriptions if you changed to 'Use broadcaster references'.

Stick with your current settings

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-04-26

s armstrong: Thanks for the N/T suggestions. Data looks much better.

steve: here is my latest zap

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-04-27

Thanks Jim. Keep them coming for a little longer.

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-04-28

Forgot to mention but, not sure it was related to me re-running zap2it with new -N 7 & -T parameters last Sunday, but system 2 had guide error which caused WMC to delete it. I just re-ran EPG Collector and all seems fine so far.

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-05-03

Here is lastest zap2it.
    Almost perfect. Still some repeats off PBS Channel 3 (during same week), but as expected. However, on system 2 it was set to record "Celebrity Party Watch" as a series on 5/7, which I have never setup or selected. Even checked series list to make sure it was not on that list, and it was not. Maybe WMC program has a mind of it's own and felt I should have choosen it! NOT!

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-05-03

Thanks Jim. Can you post the MXF file from system 2?

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-05-04

Here is file, what is it's purpose?

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-05-04

It's what your imported xml file gets converted to before it's loaded into WMC.

i just thought I'd see if there was anything odd about that series but there isn't or any hint as to why WMC would suddenly decide to record it.

Last edit: Steve Bickell 2020-05-04
  • jim barger

jim barger - 2020-05-10

Here is latest zap2it file.

Had some more extra shows appearing on both systems as series requests (incorrectly). Also attached a file with more details on that.

None if this is by any way a serious problem, but just takes extra efforts to check and cleanup. Extra shows is better than missing shows is better than the other way around!

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-05-17

Here is latest xap2it file.

All worked perfectly this week, no surprises.

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-05-24

Here is latest xap2it file.

All worked perfectly this week, no surprises again.

• Steve Bickell

Steve Bickell - 2020-05-24

Thanks Jim.

I think you can stop sending them now. Just send it if you have any issues.

• jim barger

jim barger - 2020-06-08

I just wanted to report efforts on a new physical frequency being assigned for my channel 8. Based off some of our previous discussions and efforts, I decided it was not worth pain to try to get media center to re-scan.

So I went in and added same channel name and its frequency as new. Then remapped guide to this new channel creating a duplicate channel. Then when into guide to figure out which channel was able to be both viewed and recorded. After which I turned off listing for channel that was still broke. Not sure why but actually had to recreate two new duplicates on system 2 before both viewing and recording started to work, but all working now.

<< < 1 .. 14 15 16 (Page 16 of 16)