huh - 2024-09-23

@gho
    I sent you a PM.

• gho

gho - 2024-09-23

got it ...

• gho

gho - 2024-09-23

I fear I may disappoint you, but the game here explodes happily with flames and smoke, both in native mode and in windowed mode using DxWnd with default configuration. In effect your rip doesn't seem to require the setting of the registry, I don't know if that may depend on some setting from my previous installations.
    Anyway, the game works in both way, it doesn't need exception handling or setting the logs. Of course, this probably is just because of some luck with the game ready to show bugs somewhere else on my computer.
    One interesting thing, instead, is that in effect there is a difference: the native run doesn't have speech sounds! I can read the dialogs but I hear the voices only with the DxWnd hook.
    Another symptom of troubled behavior is the event triggering: in some cases I spoke directly with the worker, while in other runs I had to move to and fro several times before that I could gain his attention.
    In these conditions, sadly a game patching seems rather risky, you never know if you fixed all the problems since in slightly different conditions you may get others.

p.s. I beg for mercy, but I admit I'm not paying much time to this now: I am rewriting a good part of the DirectShow hooking (hundreds of lines and a lot of testing) so I anticipate that I'll put my head under the sand for a while, but the results seem to be worth the effort!

• huh

huh - 2024-09-24

Well, unfortunately, I kind of expected it. The problem will either be with my Nvidia or memory size. Could you try one last thing, if you turn on Handle Exceptions, will you have green steam from the pipe after the explosion?

• BEEN_Nath_58

BEEN_Nath_58 - 2024-09-24

Honestly speaking, this is only a simpler case of where it has happened. In fact last year, whether I mentioned it or not, enabling logging allowed a "unavailable" graphics feature to render, that otherwise would render CORRECTLY without DxWnd

p.s. I beg for mercy, but I admit I'm not paying much time to this now: I am rewriting a good part of the DirectShow hooking (hundreds of lines and a lot of testing)

Please fix LoadLibrary when at it, Activision engine games are behaving badly with the recent releases.

• gho

gho - 2024-09-24

Please fix LoadLibrary ...

I can't spend a whole afternoon trying to figure what is the problem. I know you wrote something somewhere, please post here the link to that post (or a new description if you prefer). It would also be quite useful to know since what DxWnd release the problem was raised and the title of a (possibly small) game that shows it.

• BEEN_Nath_58

BEEN_Nath_58 - 2024-09-24

Interstate 76 RREADY version
            MechWarrior 2 Titanium Edition

• huh

huh - 1 day ago

I don't know if it's the timers bug again or just my inability when I'm just unable to run to the next timer, but if anyone has this problem in the Ruins opening the golden doors/gratings here is the tutorial.
    Stand by the golden door and save the game.
    In the savefile TM_0?.TSG at offset 4F51, change 30 to 40. Collect what you can then stand again at the golden door and save the game.
    In the savefile TM_0?.TSG at offset 4F51 change 3F to 35.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)