UltraDefrag is a disk defragmenter for Windows, which supports defragmentation of locked system files by running during the boot process. It is easy to use without any complicated scripting or a huge load of configuration settings. You can filter the files processed by size, number of fragments, file name and path. You can terminate the process early by specifying an execution time limit.
- Boot Time Defragmentation for system file processing
- Console interface for batch processing or setting up scheduled tasks
- Graphical user interface to follow the process visually
- Process single files, folders or drives from the Explorer context menu
- Specialized processing algorithms for each situation
- Available for both 32bit and 64bit Windows
- Optional dryrun to get a preview of the resulting disk usage
Way better than all I've tried before. Thanks for this great job
It has more "end of process" options (RESTART, not just SHUTDOWN) than any other package I've found. The Version 6's are slower than some competing products, but it seems to be more thorough so fine. As for Version Number "stagnation", who really cares?!! This isn't a race to reach "10" or "100" - our file systems don't change very often so these products shouldn't need a lot of additional changes. Frankly, I don't WANT services that modify recorded-file locations to need to be changed, fixed or 'updated'. I will always wonder what was wrong with the previous version!
Better than the native Microsoft defrag program and Priform's Defraggler. Cleans up the System Volume Information folder that seems to be fragmented all the time. Neither the native defrag program nor Defraggler clean up. This gets the job done all the time
It's a good MSWindows defrag. Nice to use, don't need install, have boot option and optimise. Can see what's happening in the cluster panel. It's bast than native defrag and others.
no updates since 2013 ? :/ anyway i will give it a try