Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams. VLC media player is a free and open source media player and multimedia framework written by the VideoLAN project. VLC is a portable multimedia player, encoder, and streamer supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is able to stream over networks and to transcode multimedia files and save them into various formats. The default distribution of VLC includes a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries, avoiding the need for finding/calibrating proprietary plugins. VLC is a packet-based media player, and it can play the video content of some damaged, incomplete, or unfinished videos. For example, files still downloading via peer-to-peer (P2P) networks.
- Simple, Powerful and Fast
- Plays everything, Files, Discs (DVD, CD, VCD, Blu-Ray), Webcams and Streams
- Plays most video formats with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, H.264, DivX, MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, WMV
- Works on most platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix...
- Completely Free, 0 Spyware, Ads or User Tracking
- Media Converter and Streamer