Vchanger may be used with the Bacula Open Source network backup system to emulate a magazine-based tape autoloader using disk partitions on fixed or removable disk drives as virtual magazines and files on those partitions as virtual tape volumes.
- Simultaneously utilize multiple removable drives as a single virtual autochanger
- Volume files may be added, deleted, or moved between physical devices
- Unlimited volume files and unlimited virtual drives
- Interaction with Bacula via bconsole supports plug-n-play of removable drives
- Easily scaled by adding additional removable drives
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Very useful. Thanks.
Without vchanger, Bacula has no right to claim it supports disk-based backup. Wtih vchanger, one gains the ability to use disks as virtual tape drives. Bacula should incorporate vchanger's functionality. This has been a complaint of mine for years.