The first 3D game engine built in C# for .NET, predecessor to the Visual3D Game Engine (http://www.visual3d.net/game-engine), an All-in-One Game Development Tool for Next-Gen 3D Games, MMOs, Simulations and Virtual Worlds powered by Microsoft XNA.
- 3D Game Engine and Toolset for C# and .NET
- (Features below apply only to the Visual3D Game Engine)
- All-in-One 3D Development Tool for XNA, C#, & Visual Authoring
- Terrain Editor, Entity/Model/Material Editor, Scene/Mission Editor, Object Editor, Asset Explorer
- Audio, Video, Physics, Collision, Scripting
- Decal Editor, Terrain Painting/Sculpting, Land Cover Layers, GIS, Vegetation (Trees, Grass, Plants), Procedural Terrain/World Generation
Categories3D Rendering, Distributed Computing, Editors, Games/Entertainment, Software Development, XML
Follow RealmForge (now Visual3D Game Engine)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Great software, thank you.
The first full 3D game engine built in C# for Microsoft .NET, developed before even Microsoft XNA began development. Was featured on front page of Software 2.0 magazine (formerly Software Developer's Journal), as cover story for their "3D Games in .NET" issue, first proving that C# could be used for 3D game development. This project lead to the now popular Visual3D Game Engine ( http://www.visual3d.net/game-engine ), which, due to its early open-source roots, is providing free licenses for open-source projects.