PuppEX Slacko is a remaster of Puppy Linux Slacko64 6.3.0, released on November 16, 2015. PuppEX Slacko/Puppy Slacko64 is compatible with Slackware 14.1 packages.
Kernel 4.3.0-x86_64-puppex is used.
PuppEX uses the original Puppy Slacko Desktop. I have added the file manager PCManFM and LXTerminal. They are more useful than ROX-Filer respectively RXVT, I think.
The ISO file is on the whole 766 MB, which is due to me including NVIDIA Graphics driver 352.63, Gimp, Vlc, Google Chrome and compiling tools. PuppEX Slacko is despite this still running as fast as the original, which means it runs very, very fast compared to most other Linux systems. (Puppy/PuppEX runs from RAM).
MOST important CHANGES
I've changed kernel from 4.1.11 to 4.3.0-x86_64-puppex and installed NVIDIA Graphics driver 352.63. The Nvidia driver will be used if your computer/card is "modern" enough.
- "Extra" programs: Google Chrome, Vlc, PCManFM, LXTerminal, Nano, Gimp and compilation tools
- Kernel - 4.3.0-x86_64-puppex
- NVIDIA Graphics driver 352.63
- Runs from RAM
- Stable as the original Puppy Slacko64
- Compatible with Slackware 14.1
- Compilation tools
- 64 bit
- Adobe Flash
- Google Chrome in version 151130 - for Netflix
puppex works perfectly, thanks