All three systems/distributions are a based on Debian. DebEX KDE is based on Debian Jessie (Debian 8.6). DebEX Xfce4 and DebEX Gnome are based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
Kernel 4.8.0-21-exton. (Xfce4 and Gnome version).
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them LXTerminal, Thunar, VirtualBox, Leafpad, AlsaPlayer, Wicd, Firefox, Thunderbird, Google Chrome, Tor Browser (in the Xfce4 version), GParted and Synaptic. In version 161007 and 161001 all common Gnome/Mate respectively KDE packages instead of Xfce4.
DebEX uses Apt (apt-get) and Synaptic. I have also installed Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager").
RUNS FROM RAM
You can run DebEX from RAM. Superfast! Boot alternative 2.
Xfce 4.12.1, Gnome 3.22/Mate 1.16 respectively KDE (Plasma) 4.14.2 are used as Desktop environments.
REFRACTA tools in DebEX Build 161025
- DebEX Barebone Xfce4 - create your own Debian live system with Refracta tools!
- Kernel 4.8.0-21-exton (4.8) in the Xfce4 and Gnome version
- DebEX KDE is based on Debian Jessie (Debian 8.6).
- Google Chrome in the Gnome and KDE versions
- Tor Browser and Midori in the Xfce4 version
- Kernel headers in all three versions
- DebEX Barebone based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- DebEX Gnome based on Debian testing (Stretch) and Debian unstable (Sid).
- Runs from RAM
- Rolling distributions
- Xfce 4.12.1
- KDE 4.14.2
- Gnome 3.22 and Mate 1.16
- KDE Plasma 5:84 Desktop
- Gimp and GParted
- Nvidia proprietary graphics drivers in all three versions
- DebEX Installer and Refracta Installer (in DebEX Xfce4)
- Kernel 4.8.0-18-exton (4.8-rc8) in the KDE version
- Netflix can be watched using Google Chrome
- DebEX Barebone - Refracta tools are pre-installed
- VirtualBox in DebEX Xfce4 (so you can test run your own created ISO)
Easy to install and use.