Olex2 is visualisation software for small-molecule crystallography developed at Durham University/EPSRC. It provides comprehensive tools for crystallographic model manipulation for the end user and an extensible development framework for programmers. The project has been supported by Olexsys Ltd since 2010.
- Stereo visualisation
- Full history of the structure - from solution - to the refinement
- Structure analysis - pi-pi and other interactions, easy s.u. (esd) on many geometrical parameters calculation
- Own olex2.refine structure refinement module
- Seamless integration with Shelxl - switch between Shelxl and olex2.refine in no time
- Integration with Platon software - every knowledge Platon has is unlocked
- Multi-platform Windows-Linux-Mac (thanks to wxWidgets)
- Superflip GUI, ShelXT, Sir and other structure solution programs at the push of the button
- Postscript and bitmap (jpg, png etc) output to high resolution
- Advanced tools for disorder modelling using rigid body refinemet
- Structure reports (and CIF) - by managing metadata are always up to date even after a new structure solution!
- Electron density maps (and they are live for contour maps)
- Numerous drawing styles, including a few of predefined
- Customisable main Menu and the GUI toolbar
- Embedded Python and macro binding to the command line or interface elements
very good project
Awesome!! The best awaiting release ever.
It works just as intended and much more. Recommended!
Good job! Thanks!
Excellent. Light-weight and loaded with most of the features I wanted