jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- Hundreds of plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the plugin manager feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- See http://www.jedit.org/?page=features for more ...
Лучший редактор для тех, кто любит горячие клавиши. Не хватает только emmet/zencoding и дополнения значений CSS-свойств.
Good, but retarding
I love it because it is open-source, platform agnostic, very customizable, good looking and pleasant to use.
I use jEdit daily and have done so for years. It collects a number of features together under a single application and has a strong base editor. The features I use have changed over the years, but that's just a testament to its utility :)