The legacy telephony interface to the open source Asterisk PBX is the Digium Asterisk Hardware Device Interface (Dahdi). The legacy interfaces can be FXS, FXO, ISDN BRI, T1 over USB, T1, E1 ISDN PRI and TDMoE (Dynamic Dahdi) ports.
This Webmin module aids in configuring the legacy hardware devices to Asterisk PBX. Webmin was chosen because Webmin is a mature web based GUI platform that concentrates on the hardware side of a server. Webmin allows controlled secure root access to the hardware. Other web based GUIs concentrate on the software side of configuring Asterisk and do not provide root access directly.
For the latest information on installing the module in FreePBX go to the Wiki - How to Install page
- Lists the order of Dahdi device driver loading for multiple different Dahdi compatible cards
- Can modify the order of Dahdi device driver loading.
- Allows the user to assign the Dahdi channel order to specific cards
- Displays Dahdi compatible devices found by the kernel
- Configures FXS, FXO, BRI, E1, T1, channels
- Configures /etc/dahdi/system.conf and /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_trunk.conf simultaneously
- Backups original files in case things break
- Aids in troubleshooting failed configs
Be the first to post a review of Webmin - Dahdi HW module!