Corrupt Office 2007 Extractor will extract the text/data from corrupt docx, xlsx, and pptx files where the respective MS Office files error out and refuse to open. In advanced mode the program can fix the zip structure of "Office Open XML" format files, a step which I now recommend despite our dissuasive blurb which comes up when you start that function.
Advanced mode also allows recovering images and includes is a basic editor for editing the corrupt XML subfiles.
Additionally I recommend trying some of my other programs on Sourceforge which help with corrupt office files using different algorithms than this present program: Savvy DOCX Recovery, S2 Recovery Tools for Word, Corrupt XLSX Salvager, S2 Recovery Tools for Excel and Corrupt PPTX Salvager.
Also take a look at these free corrupt Word repair programs: http://wordcorruptdocchecker.codeplex.com/ and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528942 (featuring a Microsoft Mr. Fixit App).
- Extracts text from corrupt Word DOCX and PowerPoint PPTX files
- Extracts data from corrupt Excel spreadsheets
- Recovers images and other media from DOCX, XLSX & PPTX files
- has a ZIP structure repair feature for repairing the zip structure of DOCX, XLSX & PPTX file
- Has a small XML editor for fixing XML sub-files of DOCX, XLSX & PPTX if you are familiar with XML.
Chrome reports this effort as Malware
Crrptoffcxtrctr is good! Thanks.