Menu

7-Zip 15.05 beta

2015-06-14
2015-08-20
<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)
  • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

1) I supposed that these additional fields are not so important. So i don't set them.
    2) It's not easy to clean all msi installer things from system. Actually I don't know some details about msi installing file procedure (for example, that is used for upgrading). So 7-Zip installer now doesn't remove msi things. Maybe later I'll try to improve it.

• gora2

gora2 - 2015-06-15

1 I do not like empty fields, I fill them yourself.

Set sw="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip"
      Reg Add %sw% /v "DisplayVersion" /t REG_SZ /d "%Vers%" /f
      Reg Add %sw% /v "Publisher" /t REG_SZ /d "Igor Pavlov" /f

2 Removing msi entrust msi

Set sw="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"
      For /F "tokens=2 delims={" %%j In ('Reg Query %sw% ^| Find /I "{23170F69-40C1-270"') Do MsiExec /qn /x{%%j

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

Do you know what exact places are set by msi, except of these registry keys in "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"?
        Maybe there are some files and so on?

Can we remove all msi things (related to 7-Zip) without calling MsiExec?

For example, there is UpgradeCode GUID in 7-Zip WiX script (*-0000-000004000000). But I don't know how it's used by msi.

• gora2

gora2 - 2015-06-15

No, I do not know such details.

• Michal Zobec

Michal Zobec - 2015-06-16

Can we remove all msi things (related to 7-Zip) without calling MsiExec?
          normally not.

For example, there is UpgradeCode GUID in 7-Zip WiX script (*-0000-000004000000). But I don't know how it's used by msi.
          this is unique GUID for detection of same product for upgrading.
          you can define in wix script upgrade as clean installation (so older product versions will uninstall by installed in "upgrade phase").

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-17

I'd like to get some procedure (without calling msiexec) to find all tracks of 7-zip's msi things and remove it.
            I suppose that UpgradeCode GUID is stored somewhere in system. So we can use it to find previous msi-7-Zip things that can be deleted.

• Michal Zobec

Michal Zobec - 2015-07-13

hello, this is very hard, because Windows Installer have many entries directly many branches in Windows Registry. And this operation is risky. Better is manually uninstallation by user. or official correct uninstall all versions of 7-ZIP (if used MSI package).
              for administrators is EXE installer not usable, still prefer MSI packages (for network deployment).

• hajj_3

hajj_3 - 2015-06-15

changelog since v15.04 alpha?

P.S you should think about moving this project to github as sourceforge has been putting spam in the installers of programs hosted on sourceforge

Last edit: hajj_3 2015-06-15
    • Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

After 15.04 alpha:
      There are only some changes in installer/uninstaller and some internal changes in 7zFM code.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

It is impossible to pack as the add to archive, I get the message: the parameter is incorrect.

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

Please check that you have correctly installed 7-Zip.
      Check version info (or timestamps) of DLL and EXE files in 7-Zip folder.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

is installed correctly. I have windows 8.1 64 bit. and install the 64 bit version. Why can't I install 32 bit, and there is no 7-zip context menu?

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

You can install any version 32-bit / 64-bit.
      32-bit version of 7-Zip contains only 32-bit DLL for shell.
      64-bit version of 7-Zip contains both versions of shell DLL:
      32-bit and 64-bit.

Please describe all actions (all clicks) to reproduce the problem with "add to archive". Also try same command from 7-Zip File Manager.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

I installed version of 7-zip 32-bit on a 64-bit system, it was not the context menu.

and now the problem. Here's a screen

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

1) 32-bit code of 7-Zip can't work in 64-bit Explorer.
          So you need 64-bit 7-Zip.
          2) Remove "5" from "Parameters" field.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

other programs are running on a 64 bit, 32 bit versions.

and there is a chance to add to his 7-zip, can be packed into parts?

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

I can add 64-bit support to 32-bit version of 7-Zip.
              But I don't see big reasons to do it.
              Why don't you use 64-bit version of 7-Zip?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

Please add support.

someone told me that 64 bit versions are created not as well as 32 bit versions.

• john lee

john lee - 2015-06-15

Why create work for Igor? Just use 64 bit version if you need it. The 32bit version still works ok in win 7 64 bit. j

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

You can try to install 64-bit 7-zip.dll to 32-bit version of 7-Zip:
                  1) extract 64-bit 7-Zip installer to some folder
                  2) rename file 7-zip.dll in that folder to 7-zip64.dll
                  3) copy 7-zip64.dll file to folder of 32-bit 7-Zip: C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip
                  4) run the command with administrator rights:
                  regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\7-Zip\7-zip64.dll"

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2015-06-15

good :(

and give you the possibility of packaging for parts?

• VictorVG

VictorVG - 2015-06-17

For Process Hacker x64 assembly had to add some X86 modules to the opportunity of working with x64 OS WOW64 32-bit applications. This is not as simple as you think because the task of 64-bit and 32-bit applications do not just work in different address spaces, but also in the hardware of different modes of operation that the CPU requires the preservation of its condition before switching to x86 <-> EMT64 mode simple means and organization of inter-application communication such situations there.

• Michael Haase

Michael Haase - 2015-06-15

I just tried 15.05 beta.

After installation, .zip extension was not associated to 7-Zip, Windows asks for program to open zip file with. I clicked cancel, rebooted, but still the same, so I clicked on button to choose exe file, navigated to c:\Program Files\7-Zip and selected 7zFM.exe. Then, I was able to open zip archives by double-click in Windows Explorer. The files in the 7-Zip folder are current, and version in help screen also shows 15.05. So, the installer missed the reg key. Installation was done with an administrative user (corporate environment), in case you only set shell open command for current user this is not working for other users then.

Then I am quite shocked that still after years and several threads there is still no fix that makes it able to open images from within zip archives in Windows, although the suggested working "fix" is quite simple: http://sourceforge.net/p/sevenzip/discussion/45797/thread/82842fb9/

System: Windows 7 x86 (32 bit)

• Igor Pavlov

Igor Pavlov - 2015-06-15

The installer doesn't change file extension associations.
      You can change associations via options in 7-Zip File Manager.

I'll look JPG problem later. It's not so easy to fix it as you can think.

• hajj_3

hajj_3 - 2015-06-15

will you be moving z-7ip from sourceforge to github like notepad++ and other projects are due to sourceforge being evil?

<< < 1 2 3 4 5 > >> (Page 2 of 5)