FreeCol
Misiulo
2023-01-04
2023-02-15
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)
  • artoo

artoo - 2023-01-12

coffee and cocoa is now added.
    Grows atm in savannah, swamp, tropical and rainforest.

coffee berries -> roasted coffee beans
    cocoa + sugarcane -> chocolates

Building and unit images are placeholders and don't really fit the production. :)

❤️

Last edit: artoo 2023-01-12
    • Mazim E.A

Mazim E.A - 2023-01-12

Thanks, you inspire me and I like very much your expansion mod. Keep up :)

• Stian Grenborgen

I'm working on a complete overhaul of the AI Colony Management code. The objective is to make the AI much wiser at choosing production and buildings ... and also better at handling radically different rulesets/specifications.

• Stian Grenborgen

The multiplier already changes depending on difficulty when using the development version:

Easiest: 1
    Easy: 2
    Medium: 5
    Hard: 10
    Very hard: 15

It would be great if you could playtest on medium and suggest further adjustments (you can also set the value yourself using the custom difficulty).

👍
    • Mazim E.A

Mazim E.A - 2023-01-13

Today I will play, so after I get in late game or maybe win (it can take some days), I will come here to write how it was.

Last edit: Mazim E.A 2023-01-13
  • artoo

artoo - 2023-01-12

I think these were really the last units and buildings I add to the mod.
    However, adding the Ottoman Turks would make it an even nation count, and they would be the last power to add and give context on middle eastern maps?

• Misiulo

Misiulo - 2023-01-13

Everybody is welcome to use my big units and goods grsaphics set. That's what I created it for. It contains many hi quality unit and goods graphics in theclassic Free Col style to be used with mods!

https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/discussion/719665/thread/6c34f25b20/

❤️
    • artoo

artoo - 2023-01-13

Do you still have the psd files so the units could be resized for high res?
      Would love to take some of them, but iirc for the pirates, they lack armed/unarmed state.

• Misiulo

Misiulo - 2023-01-13

Sorry, but such don't exist! I've made 'em all in the small size, oblivious of the existence of the 512 pixel size! ;<

I may still draw some of them for you in the 512 size, If I'll find a moment to do so, but at this point I am seriously considering redoing the default set from scratch, becasue le'ts face it, the old units have their charm, but they're not the the top of the line in 2023 :>

Last edit: Misiulo 2023-01-13
        • artoo

artoo - 2023-01-13

That sounds nice to redo them.
          Yeah, I loved the pirates, but was hesitant to use them due to good no resize option.
          If you want to draw them anew, I think would be nice to probably outline what units are required, or goods? Meaning, were do we want to take this expansion?
          For example, I don't want to add more units or building, but I would be very open refining production chains. I think coal is missing to make iron from ore.

Last edit: artoo 2023-01-13
        • artoo

artoo - 2023-01-14

I have added a tropical Highlands tile so the coffee won't freeze in cold hilly regions. :)

Would be also eventual terrain for tea.

❤️

Last edit: artoo 2023-01-14
          • Mazim E.A

Mazim E.A - 2023-01-15

Hy Artoo. Its brilliant to add variations to hills. I failed to add tiles before, I am inexperienced at this more profound alterations of rules. I like your new terrain.
            Its something that freecol was lacking before your mod, When I was making maps I always saw the brown hills from north to south and thought: Are all the hills dry and snowless?. So in conclusion, its very cool and unique this tropical highlands and I would like it to enter in newer official versions of freecol. :)

I tested the new version of your mod and I still see the error "Whopisie, I am unable to finish my turn propery ..." from the AI :(

I am not using the basic buildings mod, I was referring to your expansion mod incorporating the structure of the basic buildings mod (the mechanics of having to build the initial tier of buildings).

• Mario

Mario - 2023-01-14

I just tried out version 1.0.0 and I am very pleased with the new graphics. It looks much more colerful due to the forests, and the new colony graphics bring much more variation to the map, and make it more easy to distinguish indean settlements. Great work!

Olso, the the release of 1.0.0 is probably a good time to say: thank you to all contributors for your time and dedication to make this project better and better. As an outsider, I have the feeling that many things are going well with FreeCol as an open source project. In particular, I like that the ressources seem well directed to improve core mechanics / graphics / reliability, leading to a steady and meaningful progress on the important aspects of the game. Always when I play it, it's a bit more fun.

👍

Last edit: Mario 2023-01-14
<< < 1 2 3 (Page 3 of 3)