Menu

VoiceMeeter Banana, A2, A3 output support?

2018-02-22
2022-06-27
  • Eric Risler

Eric Risler - 2018-02-22

Hi, great program...does it support tapping into the A2 and A3 outputs of VM Banana so that we can apply EqAPO settings specific to those outputs?

For example, my A1 is setup to output to my 5.1 speakers via the Realtek sound outputs. A2 is my Nvidia HDMI that I pump to my A/V Receiver for sound in another room with my projector. I like to game / watch movies on the projector as well as the PC and I adjust audio using EqAPO but cannot apply the settings to my A2 output to the Receiver.

Thanks.

• Eric Risler

Eric Risler - 2018-02-22

Solved...turns out that after uninstalling voicemeeter using windows programs and features, rebooting and reinstalling voicemeeter the EqAPO now shows outputs A1,A2,A3. It previously did not and I suspect it is because I originally had just voicemeeter installed and I later installed banana. The banana installer uninstalled the voicemeeter but perhaps left taces behind that caused EqAPO to think I only had voicemeeter installed and not banana.

• Jonas Thedering

Jonas Thedering - 2018-02-22

The Configurator detects Voicemeeter Banana by checking if the setup used to install Voicemeeter is called VoicemeeterProSetup.exe . Maybe the entry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VB:Voicemeeter {17359A74-1236-5467} was not overwritten when you "upgraded" to banana.

• Vincent Burel

Vincent Burel - 2018-03-17

You may follow the official procedure to detect what is running between Voicemeeter, Voicemeeter Banana... and later Voicemeeter8. See DetectVoicemeeterType function in the Matrix 8x8 source code example ("vmr_matrix.c" delivered in the Voicemeter Remote API package).

static char * G_szBUSNameList_v1[2]={"BUS A", "BUS B"};
      static char * G_szBUSNameList_v2[5]={"BUS A1", "BUS A2", "BUS A3", "BUS B1", "BUS B2"};
      static char * G_szBUSNameList_v3[8]={"BUS A1", "BUS A2", "BUS A3", "BUS A4", "BUS A5", "BUS B1", "BUS B2", "BUS B3"};

void DetectVoicemeeterType(LPT_APP_CONTEXT lpapp, HWND hw)
      {
          long rep,vmType;

lpapp->vbvmr_nbbus      =0;
          lpapp->vbvmr_pBUSName   =NULL;

rep=iVMR.VBVMR_GetVoicemeeterType(&vmType);
          if (rep == 0) 
          {
              if (lpapp->vbvmr_connect != vmType)
              {
                  lpapp->vbvmr_connect =vmType;
                  switch(vmType)
                  {
                  case 1://Voicemeeter
                      lpapp->vbvmr_nbbus      =2;
                      lpapp->vbvmr_pBUSName   =G_szBUSNameList_v1;
                      break;
                  case 2://Voicemeeter Banana
                      lpapp->vbvmr_nbbus      =5;
                      lpapp->vbvmr_pBUSName   =G_szBUSNameList_v2;
                      break;
                  case 3://Voicemeeter 8
                      lpapp->vbvmr_nbbus      =8;
                      lpapp->vbvmr_pBUSName   =G_szBUSNameList_v3;
                      break;
                  }
                  InvalidateRect(hw,NULL,TRUE);
              }
          }
      }

• David Andersen

David Andersen - 2022-06-26

If you installed as VoicemeeterProSetup (1).exe you need to uninstall it and rename the installer to VoicemeeterProSetup.exe. Then you will get access to A2 and A3.

Last edit: David Andersen 2022-06-26
    • Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2022-06-27

You're right. Equalizer APO looks for the following strings to establish which VoiceMeeter version is installed so which virtual audio devices there are:
      "VoicemeeterProSetup.exe" -> assumes VoiceMeeter Banana (A1, A2, A3)
      "Voicemeeter8Setup.exe" -> assumes VoiceMeeter Potato (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5)
      else assumes VoiceMeeter (A1)