Menu

How can i open Equalizer APO with the zip file

Alvi136
2021-08-02
2021-08-03
  • Alvi136

Alvi136 - 2021-08-02

So i got the zip file of Equalizer APO, extracted it into a folder and i cant find the .exe file so that i can open it. Can someone help me with this?

• Juha

Juha - 2021-08-02

Is your download from original location (here Downloads) or "3rd party" version of EqualizerAPO?
      If you downloaded it from Downloads here, you don't necessarily have build binary file present since .zip contains only source code.
      If your .zip is downloaded from some other resource then try find information regarding the bundle from there.

• Alvi136

Alvi136 - 2021-08-02

i just went into sourceforge and click files and installed the .zip file, nothing else.

• Juha

Juha - 2021-08-02

So, you downloaded the source code package which you need to build in Visual Studio 2013 with few 3rd party packages as instructed here.

If you need ready-to-install software then just download one of those two installers (by your OS (32-bit/64-bit)): https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/files/1.2.1/ .

• Alvi136

Alvi136 - 2021-08-03

So, i cannot get Equalizer APO via .zip file, correct?

• Juha

Juha - 2021-08-03

Yes, correct, ... and,
      actually (I should have mentioned this earlier of course),
      EqualizerAPO itself is not software you can run by starting some .exe file. It's a dynamic link library (.dll) component which, in normal case, is loaded in system (Windows) start-up. User action is done through configuration file (config.txt) which can be edited with an ASCII editor, through bundled GUI (Configuration Editor) or through 3rd party software (as like Peace by Peter Verbeek).

• Peter Verbeek

Peter Verbeek - 2021-08-03

Just a question. Why do you need a zip file? If you want to install you can use the exe file. If you want to develope/program you download the zip file.