Menu

Space Colonization

Anonymous
2012-08-08
2013-01-10
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-08

Okay, so this is kind of a radical departure from the traditional idea, but what about colonizing space? We could mine minerals from asteroids and so forth. It wouldn't be that different from prior gameplay.

• Michael Vehrs

Michael Vehrs - 2012-08-11

Could be done. Much like "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress."

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-11

We could implement it as something that could be done by any nation once it became independent. The only problem would be figuring out what years to allow it to start-I mean, space colonization in 1776 would be pretty ridiculous!

• Greenknight32

Greenknight32 - 2012-08-12

Maybe start out with the ability to build an aircraft plant about 1910, after 2 or 3 upgrades it would become an aerospace plant that could build space ships.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-08-12

@the_greenknight: I like your idea. We would have to implement some new skilled craftsmen, though-aerospace engineers, maybe?

• Michael Vehrs

Michael Vehrs - 2012-09-16

You would have to create new units, new goods, new tile types and so on. With matching graphics, of course.

• Greenknight32

Greenknight32 - 2012-09-16

I don't know, I think you could shortcut some of that - lots of things in the game are not that detailed. How about just use tools to supply the aircraft/aerospace plants, but require an upgrade of the foundry to an advanced foundry before you can build them.

You would have to have aircraft, or the aircraft plant would make no sense. Warplanes would complicate combat somewhat…there would be a lot involved, for sure.

• koray ozcan

koray ozcan - 2012-11-15