Cross-platform C library for reading values from and writing values to .xlsx files.
XLSX I/O aims to provide a C library for reading and writing .xlsx files.
The .xlsx file format is the native format used by Microsoft(R) Excel(TM) since version 2007.
The library was written with the following goals in mind:
- primary focus on data values organized in tables, on not layout or graphics
- written in standard C, but allows being used by C++
- simple interface
- small footprint
- portable across different platforms (Windows, *nix)
- minimal dependancies: only depends on expat (only for reading) and libzip (which in turn depends on zlib)
- separate library for reading and writing .xlsx files
Also includes command line tools to convert between .xslx and CSV files.
Excellent library! Reads xlsx files properly with multiple sheets and with formulas. I'd like to check with the author if has any advice on how to approach the library to make it read/write xlsm and xlsb excel files. Thank you.