The Virtual Commons (http://commons.asu.edu) is an open software initiative funded by the Center for the Study of Institutional Diversity (http://csid.asu.edu) devoted to computational experiments on collective action and resource governance.
NOTE: we moved our repositories to BitBucket at http://bitbucket.org/virtualcommons - please look for the latest versions there.
- real-time client-server interaction with support for arbitrary temporal / spatial complexity
- event-driven experiment framework with support for networking, messaging, persistence, and thread-safe handling of asynchronous events
- clients deployed via Java WebStart / JNLP
- XML configuration for experiments and rounds
- build and deployment via Ant and Ivy or Maven
- web framework for collective action experiments developed in Django w/ support for Celery, RabbitMQ, and socket.io
Be the first to post a review of Virtual Commons Experiment Software!