Torrtux is a terminal-based program, written in perl for downloading torrents from The Pirate Bay. If you live in a country where tpb is blocked (UK, Fin, Be, etc.), you can set a proxy in the config file.
With it you can get the magnet link of your torrent, copy it in the clipboard and open your torrent manager. All of that from your terminal !
It also allows you to get the details of your torrent, the author, the date, the type, the size, etc., just like being on the TPB site ! Moreover, it retrieves subs from www.opensubtitles.org.
It retrieves informations in the source code of the TPB page and parses it with regexp and the library html-parser.
In the config file ~/.torrtuxrc, you can chose your display, subs, comments preferences, your torrent-manager and a proxy if needed !
Thanks for reporting all bugs you find !
- Several research of torrents on thepiratepay.se
- Sorting of the torrents, like being on TPB
- Downloading of the magnet link
- You can open your favourite torrent-manager
- Automatic copy of the magnet link in your clipboard
- Research and downloading subtitles from www.opensubtitles.org
Be the first to post a review of Torrtux!