Soundbench is high-quality GPL-licensed software synthesizer written in C++/Qt that is meant to work across all major platforms (though especially most common Linux distributions).
Soundbench follows a development philosophy that emphasizes getting everything stable before adding new features.
Soundbench is meant to be usable by anyone who wishes to produce music, whether they are hobbyists, professional musicians, or experienced sound designers.
The program is currently in Beta, meaning that it is ready for some simple music production, however is not yet completely stable or complete.
- Offers real-time audio output.
- Up to 4 simultaneous oscillators.
- Has an efficient preset system.
- A beautiful UI.
- Can be played in real-time with a MIDI controller.
- Can record the input from a MIDI controller to be played back or exported to a sound file.
- Can parse MIDI files and export sound files from them.
- Support for 6 common sampling rates up to 192k.
- Compiles on Linux with support for the two other major platforms.
- It's written to be very stable!
Be the first to post a review of Soundbench!