• Designed for Linux and Windows email system administrators, Scrollout F1 is an easy to use, already adjusted email firewall (gateway) offering free anti-spam and anti-virus protection aiming to secure existing email servers, old or new, such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Postfix, Exim, Sendmail, Qmail and others.
• Built-in multilayer security levels make configuration effort equal to a car radio.
• It combines simplicity with effective protection using powerful open source with additional set of rules & filters.
• Available as 32bit and 64bit:
- ISO image (Internet connection required during installation)
- install from scratch (Internet connection required during installation).
• Minimum Requirements (for 5,000 messages/day):
1 GB of RAM
30 GB storage drive
1 Processor x86/AMD64
1 Ethernet x 1 IPv4 address
UDP ports: 53 123 4500 6277 24441
TCP ports: 25 80 443 2703
- Most features are automated
- TLS 1.2 with SHA2 and ECC (for SMTP & HTTPS)
- Host-to-host IPSec transport encryption with pre-shared key
- Free and commercial Anti-Virus for inbound and outbound emails
- Different Quarantine per domain
- Different scores per domain for Tagging & Blocking
- Built-it parallel outbound delivery from/to multiple hosted domains
- Additional SMTP ports.
- Spam scanning for inbound and outbound emails originated from non-intranet server
- Powerful and innovative geographic filtering for Sender IP, Server IP, URL IP and TLDs.
- Verify Sender IP against weighted white/blacklist providers (score RBL).
- Spammer database pollution by deploying unlimited spam traps for your website
- Various validations for hostname, domain, IP, helo/ehlo commands and more
- Provides DMARC record and verification
- DKIM verification and signing
- SPF verification and SRS
- Recipient verification for Active Directory, LDAP, Zimbra and Domino.
- Protection against fake messages that appear to come from your domain or from yourself
- Built-in rules for newsletters and other messages generated by automated systems
- Protection against executable files, malicious content, scripts and more
- Eliminates a large amount of junk emails sent by infected or hijacked computers.
- Various tests for embedded pictures.
- Protection against forged domains like (fake) yahoo.com, gmail.com etc.
- Protection against wifi, dynamic, invalid or unknown hosts.
- Easy to replicate messages across the world by typing a backup (sub)domain.
- Whitelist [sender domain] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Blacklist [sender address] using drag & drop emails (with MS Outlook)
- Reduce storage cost by redirecting multimedia messages (archived or hidden)
- Relay outgoing messages through a global or per sender domain ISP (smarthost)
- Lite DLP for MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and scanned images (archived or hidden)
- Assign different outbound IP pools per sender domain
- Disclaimer per domain
- Accelerate http traffic with web cache
- Simple web interface with guidelines
- Enforce encrypted connection with email servers
- Backup (BCC) incoming/outgoing emails to an alternative mailbox
- Clone/duplicate incoming emails to another (sub-)domain
- Custom Spam TAG in the Subject
- Fallback delivery to alternative email servers
- Learn spam from other email servers
- Internal DNS cache
- Built-in RBL for IPs, Nameservers, Domains and DKIM
- Built-in Fingerprints service
- Advanced internal reputation service
- Mandatory STARTTLS for cached Domains and IPs.
Works great. First things first, this product works great. In the initial period I had a minor work doing some HAM and SPAM training, but even then the few items that were incorrectly classified were easily remedied and no messages were lost/blocked. If you plan not to use the recommended ISO install method, then the installation documentation leaves a bit to be desired as it is not the most up to date. But I have tried many other products out there and by comparison this one is the easiest to get going with the best features. I just rented a cheap VPS (must be KVM based not OpenVZ), fired up Debian 8 and followed the instructions. It was pretty easy. Yes a base understanding of Linux is needed, but if you have that and need a great SPAM engine I say give it a go. I was previously using Inumbo for antispam, but they changed their pricing and free tier structures (without notice) essentially crippling the antispam I was using and causing about 50% of SPAM to get through. I like their service and was considering buying licenses with them before they did this shady move. Now I have my own hosted antispam for only the cost of a cheap KVM server. I got a 1GB KVM VPS through speedykvm for about 4 a month. Aside from that I only paid for a donation to the Scrollout cause via PayPal. Great stuff.
Scrolloutf1 is a super tool. Due to the fact that it is free there is nothing to complain about. A big compliment to the developer. A multi-user environment would be a point-widening and possibly a domain-based filtering but to make it clear again that it is a praise to the ENtwickler. Hats off for your performance. Scrolloutf1 is a super tool !!!
Scrollout F1 is a really excellent solution that makes it simple to have many high-end filtering options. The results are very impressive - very accurate. Thanks for a great tool. Please keep at it.
I've installed Scrollout F1 on two machines for our clients, all the spam has gone. Super easy install procedure on Debian, 100% accurate and great results. Thank you Marius! Multumim!
Sat with Marius an entire day trying to make the most of a test install for the systems I am managing. The level of support is more than great and even though I ended up on this project by chance and made no promises Marius was there all the time (even went in and set up a few things for me directly). Tried to install it on Ubuntu 16.04 first but installing Scrollout F1 on any other distro but Debian is no longer supported thus my first attempt failed. After contacting Marius I've went in and installed Debian 8.6 then just used the installation tutorial for a clean install, with no hustle. During my long conversation with the creator and maintainer of this project I have realized that the main purpose of the project is to be as simple as possible to set up, having the back end system do all the heavy work (the routines behind it are installed automatically and they just to their job; all one has to do is to decide on the level of spam blocking they need and tell the system to apply it); I will actually quote Marius "this system needs to behave like a radio: you turn the thing on and adjust the volume; you don't go behind the radio to mess with it". Long story short, in our days, where most free tools reaching a certain maturity go for the money, having such complete tool install itself and be ready to serve is a great thing. Combine it with a great level of support and willingness to develop it even further and you get Scrollout F1. As a down side, I find the application a bit restrictive as it only installs (and has support for) Debian plus the online documentation could be more complete (hah! this is a one man project which actually works even the lack of online documentation can be overlooked in the end). I hope you find this review helpful and you'd give this software a chance (I am not paid to write this, I am just one of the 3000+ clients using it).