Beautifully Render* your Graphic3D and Shown or Manipulate right in the Front End (without Export to, ie 3DStudio Art Renderer, et al).
For use with Mathematica 4.0 - 11.0. Makes file.ray or .pov that will look much like image in notebook except rendered.
Works easily/automatically with many Graphics3D (and some Graphic) as well. However 11.0 is too big to comment on: many will work many not. Has many options to fix renders that aren't so auto.
Now very portable - Windows 10 supported (given povray binary download, or preferably compiles and uses rayshade). No unix (bin/script) are used for rayshade or rayshade` Package.
* raytracing makes more realistic images than GL/CL/Cuda (are best for game, geo/mapping, accelerated) but is slower.
POVRay is supported about as well.
For a .gif animation see:
- Beautifully render you Graphic3D without Export to (ex. 3Dstudio, et al)
- RayView, RayPreView, RayWatch, Manipulate (into front-end)
- Windows 10 supported - unix not used or required
- Lines, Raster, Points, Polygons, Spheres, Cuboid, Tube, and more
- RGBcolor, Opacity, EdgeForm, VertextNormals. Lights, much more
- Graphics 2D support (far from complete, 2D shown in 3D)
- Text works like Mathematica's Plot3D text (most exporters cannot) (has some caveats)
- work-sheets and tests to try features without knowing how to use
- parallel process scene tracing for rayshade automaic - less wait
- Mathematica's Export (in past?) had been "lackluster" and unable to export scenes well (ie, in 4.0, only single primitives could be exported; not a whole Show scene)
- see https://sourceforge.net/p/rayshade/ for "very portable" src and also binaries (Linux, Apple Sierra)
- see https://sourceforge.net/p/povray-3-6-1-1/ for "no depends portable source", "no gui/depends" linux binary, also an Apple Sierra binary
Be the first to post a review of rayshade-mathematica!