PConMe© is a cool hack of a virtual machine, using Qemu and Qemu manager with Ubuntu 10.10. The project has been designed to be a computing sandbox where young computing enthusiasts can experiment, explore and program without compromising the integrity of expensive hardware.
The device can be copied onto a 4GB+ flash drive and taken wherever the user wants to go. Unlike other 'live installs', with PConMe© reboot isn't necessary, just plug and play. The device architecture also enables internet access and audio, if available on the host machine.
We encourage you to hack this and share what you learn using the discussion forum above. Enjoy.
- Uses Qemu architecture and Ubuntu 10.10
- Learn about virtual machines and how they work
- Learn about open source computer systems
- Learn to program with Python and Scratch ready to go
- Experiment – configure and reconfigure PConMe© to your heart’s content
- 1000′s of open source apps available to download
- Surf the web using the host computer’s Internet connection