A tool to draw various charts from textual description. Currently, three types of charts are supported: Message Sequence Charts, generic graphs and Block Diagrams, with more to be added in the future. You can embed the charts in a document or presentation on Windows. There is a command-line version for linux, replacing mscgen.
See the Wiki for detailed user and code documentation.
Gábor Németh has volunteered to maintain a debian package for Ubuntu and has also developed a small GUI. See install instructions on the Wiki.
- NEW: Block Diagrams!!
- Full support for graphviz graphs via the DOT language. Collapse/expand subgraphs, use styles and many other extensions.
- A rich signalling chart syntax to describe arrows, boxes, comments and more.
- A host of fully customizable visual attributes - or just use pre-defined styles.
- Built-in editor with color syntax highlighting, smart-ident, auto-suggest and auto-complete.
- Full OLE support on Windows - double click an embedded chart to edit.
- Updated user interface, tracking mode, full screen and print support.
- Ubuntu package, use apt to install. See instructions on the Wiki page.
- Simple Ubuntu GUI, check out the Wiki.
- Export in PNG, PDF, SVG, EMF and EPS formats.
- Doxygen, Sphinx, Msctexen integration via full compatibility with mscgen.
- Full international support with UTF-8 and Windows Unicode files.
LicenseAffero GNU Public License
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
This is EXCELLENT software. I use it to generate documentation for my software. I really like that the author is enhancing MSC_Generator to produce more types of charts and graphs.
Excellent software, simply the best
Very nice tool Had a feature request, Zoltan added it and the feature works great Recommend to use
Very cool app! Hopefully get MAC version ready too!
Hi Zoltan, Many thanks for giving me great help over the email to fix my issue. Thanks again. Regards Majid