The mingw-w64 project is a complete runtime environment for gcc to support binaries native to Windows 64-bit and 32-bit operating systems.
- Compiler toolchain hosts natively
- Supports Native TLS Callbacks
- Supports Wide-Character Startup (-municode)
- Supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows i386/x64
- Supports Multilib toolchains
- Supports bleeding edge gcc/binutils
Misguiding name. It's either for 32 OR 64 bit Windows. Either, not both. No multilib. The only quirk putting it apart from hundreds of other releases of MinGW is that what you're downloading here is a fancy installer app. Instead of picking the package variant to download from a WWW page, you're doing it in the installer, which then downloads and unpacks it.
No reaction on dangerous bugs such as not worked correctly fesetenv (brokes OpenAL and other libs)
$ date Mon May 30 18:05:01 CEST 2016 The installer is _still_ borken. All I ever get is a popup saying something like "Cannot find repository.txt".
Installer is kinda broken. After a hour it was still under 20%. Useless ever.