libfgen is a library that implements an efficient and customizable genetic algorithm (GA). It also provides particle swarm optimization (PSO) functionality and an interface for real-valued function minimization or model fitting. It is written in C, but can also be compiled with a C++ compiler. Both Linux and Windows are supported.
- Fast and efficient GA implementation with a fixed population size.
- Customizable GA with multiple selection, mutation and crossover types.
- Application can provide custom seeding, mutation and crossover operators.
- Thread-safe and can use multiple threads for fitness calculation or an archipelago of concurrent genetic algorithms.
- Particle swarm optimization algorithm with API similar to that of the GA.
- Higher level easy-to-use model fitting and function minimization interface that uses the GA or PSO.
- Tested on real-world datasets (fitting orbits of exoplanets to stellar radial-velocity data).
- Clear API with documentation provided (html).
- Command line and graphical example programs provided.
- Examples include the Travelling Salesman Problem, linear genetic programming and texture compression.
Be the first to post a review of libfgen!