Kannolo is an installable graphical Fedora Remix without GTK+, based on the KDE Plasma Desktop workspace and the Calamares installer.
Kannolo does not include software that requires GTK+ (Firefox, Anaconda, firewall-config, ABRT), featuring KDE or Qt software (QupZilla, Calamares, UFW-KDE, DrKonqi) instead. SELinux is disabled by default because there is no Qt/KDE troubleshooting application for it. GTK+ and GTK+ applications are available from the upstream distribution’s online repositories, enabled by default.
Another difference is that the upstream distribution's live image is a pure installable live image that does not allow any kind of package selection during installation, whereas Kannolo is a hybrid live and netinstall image, powered by the Calamares netinstall module, which offers a selection of recommended and optional packages to install from the Internet during the installation process.
Kannolo is significantly smaller than the upstream distribution.
- Fedora Remix
- based on packages from the Fedora Project and from the Kannolo Copr
- installable live image
- 64-bit native (x86_64)
- includes latest updates as of when the image was composed
- pure KDE Plasma Desktop workspace (no GTK+)
- QupZilla as the default browser
- Calamares installer
- netinstall of optional packages
- trivia: A "torta fedora" is a Sicilian cake. A "cannolo" is a similar Sicilian sweet with a different shape. The 'K' stands for "KDE".
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
If these are as good as 25 was, it will be a no-brainer for a daily-driver. VERY nice distro - great work so far...