Gerber2PDF is a command-line tool to convert Gerber files to PDF for proofing and hobbyist printing purposes.
It converts multiple Gerber files at once, placing the resulting layers each on it's own page within the PDF. Each layer has a PDF bookmark for easy reference.
Layers can optionally be combined onto a single page and rendered with custom colours and transparency.
There is a Drill to Gerber converter available from the downloads page.
- Supports the RS-274-X2 Extended Gerber specification
- Retains the vector graphics nature of Gerber, resulting in a high quality PDF
- Fast conversion
- Converts multiple gerbers into a single PDF
- Layers can optionally be rendered in a custom colour
- Layers can optionally be combined onto a single page
- Layers can be drawn with transparency (useful when combining onto a single page)
- Layers can optionally be mirrored
- Outputs cropped pages, so the PDF can be printed to any scale, or embedded in a LaTeX document.
I have to give this program five stars across the board. We are updating our process from 6x00 to rs274x and we were looking for a gerber to pdf replacement for our in house built tool. After reviewing everything on the market this tool was firing on all cylinders and surprisingly was the only tool that met all our needs (which are fairly simple)!! It is extremely easy to use with no external dependencies. I am able to automate pdf generation for our designs with the command line features. Most importantly John-Philip was extremely responsive when I submitted an issue having provided a fix within a day.
Best Gerber to PDF tool!
Good program, easy to use, and good support !