FLoM is a free open source distributed lock manager that can be used to synchronize shell commands, scripts and custom developed software.
When used in a shell environment, FLoM manages process synchronization in the same way that "nice" manages process prioritization.
Shell commands, scripts and custom programs can be synchronized inside a single system or in a network of IP connected systems. FLoM supports different types of abstract resources: simple, numeric, set, hierarchical and transactional sequence.
libflom, the library shipped with FLoM, allows you to develop your own application using a simple C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP or Python client API.
SSL/TLS security for network communication, X.509 certificates for peer to peer mutual authentication.
- Command, script, custom process, synchronization
- Rich lock mode semantic
- Long term abstract resources and future event synchronization
- Multiple readers unique sequences with transactional and not transactional behavior
- 0conf: configuration is reduced to the bare minimum ("just work philosophy")
- API: C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Python client library to develop your own program
- Security: SSL/TLS network communication protection, X.509 peer to peer mutual authentication
Be the first to post a review of flom!