butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
The main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or Line input
to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible.
It is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of audio files.
- Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast
- Runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows up to 8.1
- Supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis and ogg/opus for streaming
- Supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus, flac and wav for recording
- Is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically
- Is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically
- Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time
- Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a file
- Configuration files can be imported and exported
- Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it)
- Automatically reconnects in case the connection has been interrupted
- Has a VU Meter with peak hold
- Is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume
- Can stream and record with different bitrates
- Display colors can be changed as desired
Follow butt (broadcast using this tool)
- Delivering fast and powerful native applications for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, cloud and IoT.
- Rapidly design, build, and run applications optimized for native performance, from a single code base across all platforms.
- Securely connect and embed any data, on any tier, in the Enterprise, or cloud.
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
When people ask to see my butt, I have no problems getting my butt out and showing them. I show them how flexible it is and how easily I can get it to do what I want. I show them all the different streams that can come out of my butt. It's fantastic. Buttastic, in fact.
Our stream provider updated the shoutcast server to the latest build, SHOUTcast Server v2.5.5 (Build 732) and now the software won't connect to the server. Provider contacted both the makers of B.U.T.T. and shoutcast. They are awaiting a response from both. Very frustrating. Looks like shoutcast broke something again. In the mean time, the provider downgraded our SHOUTcast server to v1 so we can connect. :( Otherwise, the program worked great!
Hi, Butt no work shoutcast server
Fantastic, lightweight piece of software. Some additional work required on the audio properties (eg being able to select input channels) but this is my goto streamer.
OMG! it's THE Program to broadcast for ShoutCast works perfectly! very stable, lots of choices!!