Menu

1.26.7 Released 2023/1/10

2023-10-01
2024-04-30
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Enigma2Illusion

Enigma2Illusion - 2023-11-23

Hi @zardoc

Thank you for answering the questions with details to help the developer and other users that may encounter this problem.

Microsoft preview releases can break various software including Microsoft own applications. This is the reason I was asking when the problem occurred before or after the November 16 preview patch.

The VeraCrypt update was applied before. However, I just re named the folder and it works fine.

Rename to a shorter name or just changed the name but it is still the same length?

Last edit: Enigma2Illusion 2023-11-23
  • zardoc

zardoc - 2023-11-23

Shorter Thanks

• Enigma2Illusion

Enigma2Illusion - 2023-11-23

Hi @zardoc

One final question, when you mount the file container, open Windows Explorer, right click on the mounted drive and select Properties.

Is the File system showing as NTFS?

• zardoc

zardoc - 2023-11-23

NTFS

• Cora

Cora - 2023-12-13

If you're looking for open-source disk encryption solutions with strong security features, there are several options available. It's important to choose a tool that aligns with your specific needs and security requirements. Here are some popular open-source disk encryption tools:
    Vera Crypt:
    A fork of the now-discontinued True Crypt project.
    Supports on-the-fly encryption and can create encrypted volumes within a file or a partition.
    Provides strong encryption algorithms, including AES, Serpent, and Twofish.
    LUKS (Linux Unified Key Setup):
    Commonly used for Linux distributions.
    Works with dm-crypt to provide transparent disk encryption.
    Supports multiple encryption algorithms, including AES.
    dm-crypt:
    A disk encryption subsystem for the Linux kernel.
    Often used in conjunction with LUKS for full-disk encryption on Linux.
    Cryptsetup:
    Used for setting up disk encryption on Linux systems.
    Works with dm-crypt and LUKS, providing a command-line interface.
    BitLocker:
    Developed by Microsoft for Windows operating systems.
    While not open source, it's worth mentioning for Windows users.
    Remember that the security of an encrypted system also depends on proper implementation, strong passphrase or key management, and keeping your system and software up to date. Always refer to the documentation and guidelines provided by each tool for best practices.
    Before choosing any encryption tool, make sure it's compatible with your operating system, and consider factors like ease of use, community support, and ongoing development. Additionally, carefully read through the documentation to understand the strengths and limitations of each solution.

👍
  • tjadm

tjadm - 2023-12-13

I don't know if my question is at the correct position here, but:
    after updating to 1.26.x i have no more possibility to use tokens.
    I opened a new Thread in technical topics, I think that works better.

Last edit: tjadm 2023-12-15
  • arhfk

arhfk - 2023-12-17

how can in install veracrypt v1.26.7 through cmd => winget install veracrypt oder cmd => winget upgrade veracrypt on microsoft windows?

• François Knoppel

I think the version number should have been 2.x.x, given that it drops pretty significant features and breaks backward compatibility.
    "Remove TrueCrypt Mode support. Version 1.25.9 can be used to mount or convert TrueCrypt volumes."

I had the unpleasant experience of not being able to mount some older backup drives anymore after having upgraded to this version, which I did not expect given the minor version number change.

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)