Menu

"Scanning HDL Files" failed with 1.2.0 version

Help
ILLICO
2013-09-04
2015-05-06
  • ILLICO

ILLICO - 2013-09-04

I just update to v1.2.0, then now I have an internal error during "Scanning HDL Files".

Is it possible to clean the previous "database" ?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2013-09-04 10:57:59.661
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Scanning HDL Files".
    !STACK 0
    net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.verilog.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 2. Encountered: "\u0013" (19), after : ""
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.verilog.VerilogParserCoreTokenManager.getNextToken(VerilogParserCoreTokenManager.java:2600)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.verilog.VerilogParserCore.jj_ntk(VerilogParserCore.java:3611)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.verilog.VerilogParserCore.verilogText(VerilogParserCore.java:41)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.verilog.VerilogParser.parse(VerilogParser.java:678)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.OutlineDatabase.scanFile(OutlineDatabase.java:432)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.OutlineDatabase.access$1(OutlineDatabase.java:418)
    at net.sourceforge.veditor.parser.OutlineDatabase$ScanProjectJob.run(OutlineDatabase.java:232)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)

• aghoras

aghoras - 2013-09-04

There is no permanent database. It's rebuilt in memory every time the files are scanned. Does it do this for everyfile or just one? Do you get the same problem if you switch to a new workspace?

• ILLICO

ILLICO - 2013-09-10

Hi,
    So I change/switch to another workspace, import new project from a CVS repository and open a VHDL top file. The scan process started and failed with the same error message.
    How to know in details the scanned file and line number that failed?
    The error message talk about a escape "\u0013" unicode character set. Where that come from ?
    Thanks

• Maximilian Girlich

Hi,
    have you solved your problem yet? If so, please provide details. If not, could you try to figure out a "minimal error producing example"? Do you have errors with other projects?

• ILLICO

ILLICO - 2013-10-16

Hi,
    So I think the problem comes from file charset encoding.
    In fact, some VHDL files comes from ALTERA IP are encrypted. (Are in bynary under cvs repository).
    Then when you edit this file with hex editor the first line looks like "8B 13 9C 2F 06 00 04 00 53 82 02 DF F7 B9 33 E0"
    The second character was seen as "DC3" or "\u0013" Unicode hex.
    http://www.htmlescape.net/00/character_control_0013.html

and VHDL scanning failed on this character "control".

Last edit: ILLICO 2013-10-16
  • ILLICO

ILLICO - 2013-10-28

Hi,
    Any ideas why "VHDL Scanning" failed on encrypted VHDL file (binary file) ?
    Thanks.

• ILLICO

ILLICO - 2014-01-27

Hi All,
    I'm the only one that have this issue ?? It's probably something with character encoding but I could not found where is the solution.
    Need help.
    Thanks

• aghoras

aghoras - 2014-01-27

I guess the problem is caused by non ascii characters. I'm starting to do some work with encrypted altera files as well. If I see this problem, I'll try to fix it.

• ILLICO

ILLICO - 2015-05-06

Very good job with the new 1.2.1 version.

Now Altera encrypted files are supported. Scan completed 100%.

Thanks