Menu

WebKit and media autoplay (not everyone at the same time, please)

Help
Willfon
2015-10-29
2015-11-03
  • Willfon

Willfon - 2015-10-29

On mac the browser uses WebKit to display the content, while on Windows it makes use of Firefox. On the latter you can add a line to the prefs file making sure media files does not autoplay.

How do you do the same on mac?

On a (bought) multipage exam where we cannot controll the HTML source, we have two music files inline on two separate tab-like pages probably controlled with javascript. What happens is that they both start to play after the page loads. In the example exam the first question is about Queen and the second is about Sex Pistols, but both sound clips will start even if you have to press the fift tab to get the question about God Save the Queen.

If anyone have a good idea about how to disable that auto-play I and alot of musicology students will be happy.

--
    Klaus Wik

• Daniel Schneider

I will look into this in the near future. Latest for the next major release (SEB 2.2) I anyways planed to include options to individually configure sound output (enable/disable and preset an initial sound volume). We didn't consider media file autoplay until now though. Thanks for the input!