Menu

SEB Windows 1.9.1 : Blue screen while loading SEB application

tatva191
2014-05-15
2015-06-01
  • tatva191

tatva191 - 2014-05-15

Hello,

I was successfully able to install SEB Windows 1.9.1 on Windows 7.0 in India (on several machines) and at client's machine in America (on several machines).

But i come across some weird issue on client's machine. After installation when i try to run the browser through shortcut created on desktop, the process starts and nothing happens... it display blue screen with processing icon and that's it. Tried same many times even on different machines having different OS but issue is same i.e. successfully able to install the SEB package but when try to execute, ends with blue screen.

Can you help me out as now i am totally trapped. Is anything with location or language setting of the PC ? I am not getting any error or message throughout this process.
    Any clue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Daniel Schneider

I guess the customer has another network configuration, for example uses a proxy or a self signed certificate on his server. Both things require to manually configure that in SEB, better said in the embedded XULRunner browser in SEB. In addition pages with Flash content won't work in SEB 1.9.1 (with the create new desktop feature set to true), you have to use SEB 2.0. When you set a page with Flash content then the browser will load long (as you described it) and after long time an error message with be displayed.

All these problems are covered in the documentation at www.safeexambrowser.org or in this forum (use search discussion).

• tatva191

tatva191 - 2014-05-16

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Yes, you are right. Issue is with flash player, it worked on my machine as we have blocked flash content over here.

• tatva191

tatva191 - 2014-05-16

Hi Daniel,

Now everything works perfect as it should be, now when tested on Windows 8.0 operating system the website gets opened as per what set in file 'SebStarter.ini' but once the website gets loaded the system gets hanged and i am unable to do any activity.

Is that related to operating system or it is something else that is creating issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• tatva191

tatva191 - 2014-05-20

Hi Daniel,

Everything seems to be working fine now after making following changes in SebStarter.ini file:
    AllowVirtualMachine=1
    ForceWindowsService=0

Thanks.

• YRT

YRT - 2015-05-22

hi i have installed seb correctly and its running for 3 system in thin client, but form the 4th system its displaying an error like this "your tcp port is blocked. although seb is working without this, full functionality is not guaranteed". can anyone please let me know what is the problem and help me to get through it

• Daniel Schneider

You are in the wrong thread, this error is connected to a feature of SEB 2.0, not SEB 1.9.1.

SEB 2.0 uses a TCP port to communicate locally (only on localhost) with the SEB browser. If that port is blocked, then this error message is displayed. Did you try if the message still appears when restarting the machine? Maybe some security software is blocking the port or you have some other software installed which uses the same port number.

We will built-in a configuration option to change the port number SEB uses to communicate with its browser into a future update of SEB.