Menu

Switching speaker boxes..

Jens Rapp
2016-04-12
2016-04-23
  • Jens Rapp

Jens Rapp - 2016-04-12

Hi,
    i'm using Rompr on a Banana Pi as music center which works really good.. BUT I always have to switch my active boxes on before I can listen to the radio..
    Sooo, is there a way to write plugins for Rompr? I imagine that when I switch the music on, a system call starts a simple program to switch a GPIO pin on. This switch would fire a Relais to switch my speakers on.. On the other hand, when music is switched off, another process should be called to switch the relais off..

Or maybe i can use mpd to realize this?

Any idea?

• Fat German Productions

Well, you can write Javascript plugins for rompr but this would not accomplish what you want. As far as doing what you want to do, you'd need to do it server-side, which would mean doing something via PHP through the webserver and therefore having to somewhoe get around the security resttrictions put on a webserver designed specifically to stop this kind of thing from happeneing.

I don't know about MPD, it seems somewhat monolithic. I suggest you have a look at mopidy instead, where you can write plugins in python to do anything you can imagine.