Anonymous - 2013-06-05

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install the last version of Adito (from https://openvpn-als.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openvpn-als/adito/trunk) following the instructions from https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/openvpn-als/wiki/installing_and_running_the_openvpn-als_server and https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/openvpn-als/wiki/insall_walkthrough_debian_%26_Active_Directory.
I use a virtual machine under VirtualBox, running Debian Wheezy for Amd64. sun-java6-jdk (from the old Squeezy repository), ant, junit and subversion are installed. Adito is located in /opt/openvpn-als/.
Tools.jar has been correctly copied into /opt/openvpn-als/adito/lib/.

I have checked my Java and Javac configuration with update-alternatives :

Sélection   Chemin                                          Priorité  Ãtat
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1061      mode automatique
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1061      mode manuel
* 2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java             63        mode manuel
  3            /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1051      mode manuel
  4            /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_22/bin/java                1         mode manuel

Sélection   Chemin                                       Priorité  Ãtat
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac   1061      mode automatique
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac   1061      mode manuel
* 2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/javac             63        mode manuel
  3            /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/bin/javac   1051      mode manuel
  4            /usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_22/bin/javac            1         mode manuel

But unfortunately, when I run "ant install" while in root in the /opt/openvpn-als/ directory, I get this error input (the complete output is in the attached file) :

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 26 source files to /opt/openvpn-als/maverick-multiplex/build/classes
    [javac] 
    [javac]           WARNING
    [javac] 
    [javac] The -source switch defaults to 1.5 in JDK 1.5 and 1.6.
    [javac] If you specify -target 1.2 you now must also specify -source 1.1.
    [javac] Ant will implicitly add -source 1.1 for you.  Please change your build file.
    [javac] javac: invalid source release: 1.1
    [javac] Usage: javac <options> <source files>
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                         Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                    Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}     Generate only some debugging info
    [javac]   -nowarn                    Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose                   Output messages about what the compiler is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation               Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath <path>          Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -cp <path>                 Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -sourcepath <path>         Specify where to find input source files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath <path>      Override location of bootstrap class files
    [javac]   -extdirs <dirs>            Override location of installed extensions
    [javac]   -endorseddirs <dirs>       Override location of endorsed standards path
    [javac]   -d <directory>             Specify where to place generated class files
    [javac]   -encoding <encoding>       Specify character encoding used by source files
    [javac]   -source <release>          Provide source compatibility with specified release
    [javac]   -target <release>          Generate class files for specific VM version
    [javac]   -version                   Version information
    [javac]   -help                      Print a synopsis of standard options
    [javac]   -X                         Print a synopsis of nonstandard options
    [javac]   -J<flag>                   Pass <flag> directly to the runtime system
    [javac]

BUILD FAILED
/opt/openvpn-als/build.xml:84: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/openvpn-als/adito/build.xml:899: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/openvpn-als/maverick-multiplex/build.xml:62: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 6 seconds

I have tried this using Jave 1.5 and Java 7, and openjdk, as shown above in my update-alternatives output.
I also tried to uninstall Junit just in case, and to take a look at my build.xml, but I found nothing.

Does anybody has an idea on how to solve this issue ?

Thanks for any help :)

Last edit: Anonymous 2013-06-05