In a multiple-screen setup, when the main KeePass window closes either by minimising to tray or exiting the application outside the main screen, there are no checks to verify if the UI is still visible when the app is re-used.
Of important note is that the modal password/keyfile dialog always seems to appear correctly within the visible screen. However once the password is entered the main window does not appear. To make it worse the "window maximise" work-around suggested for WinXP, does not work on Vista and higher.
There are a number of closed older reports which describe similar bugs to this one (e.g. #735, #796 etc) but I felt this should be re-addressed anew rather than re-opening older bugs, due to the age of them (2+y).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Start KeePass either on a laptop with an external display attached or a desktop with multiple displays enabled (e.g. ATI Extended desktop)
2. Move main window of KeePass to a screen other than "main display" (check windows "Identify" to verify which display is which)
3. Minimise KeePass to tray
4. Disconnect external display or disable extended desktop(s)
5a. When the app is re-opened from the tray the main window is still offscreen and thus not visible to the user (no visibility checks).
5b. If a password is required due to expiry etc the password dialog appears correctly centered within the active screen but the main window is still off-screen.
- Re-start KeePass to reset main UI position.
- With no changes to the open KeePass file, the app will exit cleanly.
- If changes are pending, a crash occurs (as far as I can tell it auto-saves changes but needs testing)
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: keepass.exe
Problem Signature 02: 220.127.116.11
Problem Signature 03: 52ef61f9
Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18408
Problem Signature 06: 52311103
Problem Signature 07: 43c1
Problem Signature 08: 10
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: b1b5
Additional Information 2: b1b59192b57ae2628cedfb88eb7c6617
Additional Information 3: 4d35
Additional Information 4: 4d35aad4cdb768c59f9ce701c4a62721
- Dell 1520 laptop with LG Flatron L1915S
- Envizage i7-3770 dekstop with AoC i2353 IPS + Dell 1901FP LCD
- OS: Windows Vista (Win8.1)
- KeePass: v2.25
- Plugins: QuickSearch v0.0.0.1, KeeCloud v1.0.37, DataBaseBackup v18.104.22.168, KPDataSave v0.0.5.0, KeePassHttp v22.214.171.124, Entry Templates v126.96.36.199
Log in to post a comment.