Menu

Using Irrlicht for 3d movie rendering

2007-11-14
2013-04-21
  • Ofer Kalisky

Ofer Kalisky - 2007-11-14

Hi,

I'm trying to use Irrlicht as a 3d movie renderer, and I would like to render frames as fast as I can. I would also like to use the animation abilities of irrlicht (e.g. moving the camera along a linear track during a certain time period).

For example:
    Let's say I have a plane on which I render an AVI, and I want to move the plane on which it is rendered from one point to another in two seconds. If I do it in real time, and calculate which frame of the AVI to render according to the real time - it works. But if I want to render it faster for better performance, I can render the AVI on the plane in double speed and move the plane in one second instead of two, then reduce the speed of the resulting movie. but in that case, it might be too fast (because my CPU is slow or something) and I will lose frames. The question is, can I make Irrlicht work with frames instead of with "real time"?

• Gaz Davidson

Gaz Davidson - 2008-04-16

use device->getTimer and manipulate the current time via the ITimer interface.
      Also, please use the web forums rather than these ones, it won't take 5 months to get a response over there ;)
      http://irrlicht.sf.net/