Menu

Can't add city

Help
2005-01-31
2013-05-23
  • Nobody/Anonymous

re: Meteorologist 1.4.2:
    Pueblo, CO can't be found from search button.
    Nor via its zip, 81001.
    Nor via http://www.weather.com/activities/travel/businesstraveler/weather/fcst-hrly.html?locid=81001

Same true for Greensboro, NC 27409

I notice that the one server I'm used to using (weather.com) is listed in the "Add Cities" menu, but is greyed out.  Should it be.

I also note that the pre-installed city is Cupertino.  But that selecting either of the Meteorologist menu items (Current Conditions or Extended Forecast) does *nothing.*

Is it time to restart?  trash prefs?

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can't add city, either, Asheville. I could on earlier versions....I tried deleting weather cookies from safari and then retrying. I also copies and pasted the url for weather.com and the national weather service. I tried entering a zip code...Nothing has worked!

• Karl

Karl - 2005-01-31

After Security Update 2005-001 Meteorologist has lost the ability to contact the weather server on my machine, too.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Was working until few hours ago.
      Don't know what happened.
      Did they change the format again?
      I installed Security Update 2005-001 right after it was announced but back then Meteor was running fine.
      The city's Tokyo, BTW.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Same thing for Osaka, but I can't seem to get any city's at all.. and yes the weather.com button is greyed out.

• Karl

Karl - 2005-01-31

So it was just a coincidence that it stopped working precisely when I installed the Security Update!