Menu

Developement stopped?!?

moongose
2009-06-25
2022-08-09
<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 2 of 4)
  • RT Wolf

RT Wolf - 2011-02-19

Awesome! Looking forward to Win7x64! I went and got DirectFolder, too and am disappointed that it asks you to pay for features built into FlashFolder. Thanks zett42 for your awesome work!

• abracamaster

abracamaster - 2011-03-29

The Spring is already here… but zett isn't good as his words.

• laburj

laburj - 2011-05-17

zett42, Hello! Can you upload your test version, that supported by  Win7 / x64?

• John McCarthy

John McCarthy - 2011-06-09

still living in hope that flash folder isn't dead, a shame that such a useful and as yet unsurpassed utility lingers in the obscurity of coding purgatory… surely there must a few generous code poets out there who could help Zett keep this gem alive on windows 7…?

• Alex Osegueda

Alex Osegueda - 2011-10-02

Just saw some updates on the source files? Are this good news? Is Win 7 support coming to life?
    Thx for this great app.

• zett42

zett42 - 2011-10-05

Yeah, there will propably be a Win7 / x64 release. Though I won't make any promises. It's done when it's done ;-)

• Alex Osegueda

Alex Osegueda - 2011-10-06

Those are good news, though.
    Thank you for keeping this project alive.

• abracamaster

abracamaster - 2011-10-12

Thank you very much zett for developing this app. This is fuckin' great app!

• Sascha Wanner

Sascha Wanner - 2011-10-18

Hallo Zett
    Was hältst du von FileBox eXtender als Ersatz für FlashFolder,
    solange es noch keine funktionierende Version von FlashFolder gibt.

Es ist Freeware und hat viele Einstellungsmöglichkeiten.

Gruß Sascha

• zett42

zett42 - 2011-10-18

Danke für den Tipp. Ich wusste gar nicht, dass das Teil mittlerweile Open Source ist. Vielleicht kann ich davon den ein oder anderen Algorithmus für FlashFolder gebrauchen ;-)

• Zlatyo Music

Zlatyo Music - 2011-10-19

It's a great news to see this unique app again to enjoy hundreds of thousands of users of Windows 7! We all look forward!

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-11-11

Zett42, ever thought about implementing AI to figure out where the user most likely want the save/open dialog to start?
    I don't know how much information is given from the OS, but just from browser X wan't a save dialog, it was called from website Y and the file ending is Z, just that alone would probably be enough to guess the correct folder most of the time.

•  dindog

dindog - 2011-11-29

glad to know this project is still alive. It took me forever to remember my password… ( registered for posting here a year ago:) )

• HansBKK

HansBKK - 2012-02-10

Well coming on to four years since the last release, I guess it's safe to stop flogging this dead horse.

Pity no one's forked it, if I were rich I'd learn to program :-)

• HansBKK

HansBKK - 2012-02-10

Listary is actively developed, but crippleware, I'm also about to check out "Direct Folders".

AHK users check out FavoriteFolders.ahk.

• Tim De Baets

Tim De Baets - 2012-08-12

I recently moved from XP to Windows 7 x64 but wanted to continue using FlashFolder. Since zett42 has said here that Windows 7 x64 support is practically finished, I decided to try to compile FlashFolder myself. It took a while to get this to work but eventually I had an installation package of FlashFolder 1.11. Installing and using this new version on Windows 7 x64 went without any problems, so I thought I'll upload and share this package with the rest of the world.

So here it is, FlashFolder version 1.11 with Windows Vista/7 x64 support. The revision I used from SVN is 274.

- 32-bit install: http://users.skynet.be/tim.debaets/software/FlashFolder_1_11_r274_beta_x86.msi
    - 64-bit install: http://users.skynet.be/tim.debaets/software/FlashFolder_1_11_r274_beta_x64.msi

zett42: if you have any problems with this then please let me know.

• skywalka

skywalka - 2013-09-07

Tim, you're the man. Thanx for sharing this. It would be a public service if someone could share this on the main page.

• Bogo

Bogo - 2013-11-04

Thank you VERY MUCH, that you shared FlashFolder version 1.11. Perfect!
      What I want to know: Where does FlashFolder version 1.11 save all the settings, esp. the favorites? There is something totally different compared with beta_1_9_181...
      Thank you for your answer!

• Tim De Baets

Tim De Baets - 2014-06-14

Bogo, sorry for the huge delay - I only noticed your post just now, but better late than never I guess. FlashFolder 1.11 saves its settings in the registry, in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\zett42\FlashFolder.

• zett42

zett42 - 2012-08-13

@tdebaets: I have no problems with this, as long as you don't publish it as an official version. FlashFolder is GPL'ed, so you have the freedom to compile your own version or create a fork.

• Konstantin Zhukov

Hello Tim and all users of this great program

I've found Tim's FlashFolder utility's build which was adapted for Windows 7 x86 and Windows 7 x64 in a year 2012. Thank you for your great work!

But i've found the serious trouble with a tree dialog windows. Your build of FF utility doesn't support such type of dialog windows ("browse for folder" type) in Win7(me have x64) ! See screenshot with example of such type of window: http://i61.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0613/0c/bfd57974a5dfe88a5e3690617182f10c.png

Of course i have an option "Enable flashfolder for this dialogs" in the Common "browser for folders" section !!! But it don't have effect.

But original (obsolete) version of FlashFolder (build in 2008) utility works FINE with ALL tree windows("browser for folder" type) in Windows XP including window in my example.
    See screenshot http://i64.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0613/2c/2d6a6a5a801cabff90a7d383a165722c.png

You may ask me: how can i get this type of tree window to check the problem? This windows is from Winamp (freeware audio player). You can easily get it to show up: activate playlist in winamp, Click on "+" toolbar button in playlist and choose "Add folder". But it's not only winamp's problem! There are many other application that uses SUCH TYPE of "browse for folder" windows! So it's very annoying problem that limits FF's usage.

Can you fix this annoying issue in FlashFolder ????
    TIA!!!

• Tim De Baets

Tim De Baets - 2014-06-14

Hi Konstantin,

You are right, something is definitely wrong with FlashFolder's recognition of "browse for folder" dialogs. Thank you for the report.

Truth is that for my build, I just used one of the latest revisions from zett42 from SVN, and that I haven't really jumped into the code yet myself. I'll definitely do so and investigate this bug (and see what I can do to fix it), but since I'm quite busy lately it could still take some time.

• Konstantin Zhukov

Hello Tim! Is there any news about fixed FlashFolder build?

• Tim De Baets

Tim De Baets - 2014-07-20

Yes: I've looked into this and I've been meaning to write a follow-up post but haven't had the time to do so, until now.

I've found out that FlashFolder only supports the new-style folder dialogs (the ones having a Make new folder button), like the one in your second screenshot. As far as I can see, this has already been the case in older versions of FlashFolder and there shouldn't be any difference between XP and Windows 7.

When I tried the Add folder dialog in Winamp on my Windows 7 system, it was a new-style dialog and correctly recognized by FlashFolder. But the dialog in your first screenshot is still an old-style one, which probably means that you're still using an old version of Winamp. If you update Winamp to the latest version and try again, the Add folder dialog should be recognized by FlashFolder.

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >> (Page 2 of 4)