Menu

[REQ] Keep on top : Show Full Description in a tooltip

RainrooM
2016-06-17
2017-01-24
  • RainrooM

RainrooM - 2016-06-17

Would it be possible to keep the Show Full description in a tooltip on top ? Why? In some cases it contains parts of data that is needed to wright down somewhere. In that case when focus is lost from the tooltip, the data remains on the screen till it's closed again. Could be an option to add in the wheel of the tooltip down. Even better would be a shortcut to switch on/off when needed. Thanks to consider.

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2016-08-24

Bump top.
    Via the sprocket to 'keep on top'. Window could be closed by disabling again in the sprocket or via the 'X' on the window. If not one of these the description should stay on top of all windows.
    If this could be possible, would be nice option and productivity booster in some cases.

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2016-08-26

Again a simple but perfect solution. Works like a charm. Great job.

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2017-01-24

Beta 3.21.129 portable 64 : the description window does not stay on top anymore even when "Hide description on mouse clip selection" is enabled. The window also goes away when focus is on a random window. In version 3.21.126 it is still ok.

• Maloney

Maloney - 2017-01-24

Should be fixed in latest Beta

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2017-01-25

I tried 3.21.130 now and I show the description or via F3 or via Middle click, but in both cases the descr. window does not stay on top/visible till I click again in the Ditto list window. parameter is enabled in the 'wheel setting' of the descr. window.

• Maloney

Maloney - 2017-01-25

I'm not sure i follow, can you record this using Jing (https://www.techsmith.com/jing.html) and upload.

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2017-01-25

• Maloney

Maloney - 2017-01-26

Are you wanting the description window to stay open because Ditto is set to always on top? This has never worked like that, it always hides. The option "hide description window on mouse clip selection" works when a clip is selected with the mouse in Ditto's window. If you click any window other than Ditto the description window will close.

scott

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2017-01-26

thanks for clarification Scott. This was not the way I understood this functionality. Kindly see what happens in version Ditto_v3.21.126 . The description window stays on top even when chosing a window other then Ditto. This is indeed what my request of behavior was. Advantages are that you can use parts of the data from this window somehow when needed in another window when needed.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/x4PNgYk0cQ
    Detail : I see that the link (above) from Jing upload popup can be copied but it is not captured in Ditto?

• RainrooM

RainrooM - 2017-02-12

Hello Scott, is there a possibility to bring this back acc. to working version 3.21.126 ? Thanks in advance.

• Scott Nabors

Scott Nabors - 2017-03-24

Hmmm, I just arrived looking for an answer to something that sounds similar, but maybe not... lol... I've been using Ditto for years and don't recall having issue with the infotips/tooltips before, and I can't find any way to disable them. Everytime I open Ditto the 1st few clips are blocked by the tip until I move my mouse pointer off of Ditto (I have it open where my pointer is).... am I missing/overlooking something obvious? Cheers...