Cppcheck-1.66 has been released.
- Compare pointer with '\0'
- Assigning boolean expression to floating point variables
- Much improved AST
- Much improved ValueFlow analysis
- ValueFlow and AST now used by much more checks, improving checking accuracy and performance
- Checking for self assignment now supports more complex expressions
- Returning references to literals or references to calculation results is detected
- Enhanced support for commutative operators in duplicate expression checking
- Improved template/enum parsing
- Much improved htmlreport
- Definition of POD types in .cfg files
- Definition of minsize for buffer arguments in .cfg files for buffer overflow checking
- Fixed handling of #error: Do not report them if -f and -D are used together
- New .cfg file for AVR platform
- Generate xml dump of AST/ValueFlow/SymbolDatabase/TokenList if --dump is given
- Improved performance in several cases
- Windows Builds: Now compiled with VS2013, linked against Qt 5.3.1
- Platform settings are being saved now
- Improved handling of (invalid) .cfg files
- Use Win32W as default platform on Windows
Additionally, a large number of false positives and crashs has been fixed.